I love using my crockpot year round. It’s hassle free, makes your home smell amazing and dinner’s ready to go when you get home after a long day of work. I am obsessed with street tacos and decided I wanted to create my own, so I got creative.
***This recipe does take a bit of forethought because it needs to marinate in the fridge overnight. *serves 2-4*
Ingredients for the chicken:
– 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1 Beer (I used Sam Adams Front Porch because I wanted the lemon essence, but really you can use any beer you have in the house)
– 1 tbsp Chili Powder
– 1 ½ tsps Cumin
– ½ tsp Garlic Powder
– ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
– ½ tsp Salt
– 1 tsp Pepper
– Tortilla’s (I use freshly made soft corn)
*To eliminate unnecessary dishes I combined everything in my crockpot bowl during prep. If you do not have enough room in your fridge to store your crockpot bowl then combine all ingredients in a dish that will fit in your fridge and allow the chicken to be submerged in the beer and seasonings.
- In your crockpot bowl combine beer and seasonings.
- Place your thawed chicken breasts into the crockpot bowl, they will most likely not be completely covered by the marinate, so turn them over so both sides of the chicken have been exposed to the marinate.
- Put the lid on your bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning take the chicken out of the fridge, flip the chicken over and put your crockpot bowl into the stainless steel housing. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Keep on warm until you are ready to eat. When you are ready, take two forks and shred the chicken in the crockpot bowl. The chicken should shred easily, make sure to get all the chicken chunks out!
*Feel free to use your favorite taco toppings; I used the toppings below to ensure that street taco flavor.
– Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde (I used ‘A Spicy Perspective’s’ recipe)
– Black Beans